• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

All Racing - any good on the MT410 and other essential upgrades ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatMarcus

Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first post so hopefully Ive done enough of my own research and thinking to be asking sensible questions.............

The consensus on this forum and out there in Youtube land, appears to be that All-Racing upgrades are well made, proper 7075 aluminium and a fairly priced alternative to M2C parts. M2C bits are available in the UK but often out of stock. I know All-Racing come from AliExpress and I'm quite happy to wait a few weeks for them to be delivered.

However, I dont want to get carried away weighing down my otherwise mostly stock MT410 (it has the "essential" tekno alu servo horn already installed and a metal spur gear for when the stock one goes) and losing its amazing agility and the durability which comes from "lightness."
It will be running 4S on the ubiquitous Hobbywing Max 8 (Gen 1) system with Backflip LPs on a 16t or 17t pinion. It will be getting jumped (including some big sends)...... with a risk of skateparks.

Ive found a few AR items that look good and arent too heavy :
  • shock caps
  • Steering plate
  • metal centre diff case
  • Nylon battery guard to stop the pinion chewing into LiPo packs
The items that AR dont seem to make are shock towers, tower braces, the rear chassis brace, driveshafts.....or the actual chassis. I know that M2C makes most of these and MMM make some of them, too.

So my questions are :

1. Do you agree that All-Racing are decent and that my initial list of items would help durability without adding too much weight
2. OR are there items in the list that you either dont think are essential or alternatively, there are absolutely critical additional items that I must ALSO get from M2C or MMM if Im going to use the truck as described ?

Thanks a lot, experts.

Last edited:
Hi there

This is my first post so hopefully Ive done enough of my own research and thinking to be asking sensible questions.............

The consensus on this forum and out there in Youtube land, appears to be that All-Racing upgrades are well made, proper 7075 aluminium and a fairly priced alternative to M2C parts. M2C bit are available in the UK but often out of stock. I know they come from AliExpress and I'm quite happy to wait a few weeks for them to be delivered.

However, I dont want to get carried away weighing down my otherwise mostly stock MT410 (it has the "essential" tekno alu servo horn already installed and a metal spur gear for when the stock one goes) and losing its amazing agility and the durability which comes from "lightness."
It will be running 4S on the ubiquitous Hobbywing Max 8 (Gen 1) system with Backflip LPs on a 16t or 17t pinion. It will be getting jumped (including some big sends)...... with a risk of skateparks.

Ive found a few AR items that look good and arent too heavy :
  • shock caps
  • Steering plate
  • metal centre diff case
  • Nylon battery guard to stop the pinion chewing into LiPo packs
The items that AR dont seem to make are shock towers, tower braces, the rear chassis brace, driveshafts.....or the actual chassis. I know that M2C makes most of these and MMM make some of them, too.

So my questions are :

1. Do you agree that All-Racing are decent and that my initial list of items would help durability without adding too much weight
2. OR are there items in the list that you either dont think are essential or alternatively, there are absolutely critical additional items that I must ALSO get from M2C or MMM if Im going to use the truck as described ?

Thanks a lot, experts.
I don't have any experience with All Racing, so i can't comment on your #1, but in response to your #2 question, i'd firstly ask:
What is the purpose of going aluminum on the particular items you've listed? Have you experienced breakages that are making you consider upgrades? I ask because i've sent my MT410 a good bit and crashed a good bit as well and haven't had any issues with durability (aside from the imminent breakages you've already covered with the servo arm and spur). The nylon guard for the gears is a neat idea and more of a quality of life improvement thing. I'd jump on that if you're running into or concerned about issues with chewing lipo packs. I'll let others chime in about their experiences with whether the other items you listed might be necessary.

I typically only upgrade when something breaks, so factor that into my response here.

What I have learned by listen to and watching Rich Duberdash and M2C racing. Tekno can suffer from broken diff cases and bent dog bones along with frames IF one bashes like Rich does or have a very bad landing. With two MT's we love them. Got to looking at mine and noticed a bent frame. At the time Tekno had a great sale on the kits. Bought a kit for the frame. Then decided to build a M2C tough truck with all the parts in the new kit. According to Rich and M2C the diff case and dog bone problems are from when the frame bends too much. M2C says their new frame stops the Diff case and dog bone problems. The other thing I like are the M2C towers that allow for Armma body mounts. Allows one to use Armma Outcast bodies, which are very durable.

Then decided to build and extended or LWB MT. Have an original Armma 6s gen 1 outcast with some updates to play with. Along with the HD and LWB MT 410. I like the build process almost as much as bashing.

Had not heard of All Racing. Did find they offer nice metal diff cases. For the price one can build a good M2C truck. If Rich and M2C are correct, they have made the diff case upgrade not relative.

Being in the UK getting M2C will not be easy. But worth much consideration.

Metal shock caps are worth the update. Have updated and used the Tekno caps. Not found I need other updates yet. Like to wait until there is a failure to update. If I was in the UK and parts hard to get, would probably get more of the update parts to begin with.

Have fun with the build and the running.

I have little experience with Allracing, but only hearing good things. They are not cheaper than M2C or MMM though.

I personally don't believe the center diff is a MUST needed upgrade. I'm running 7 Tekno trucks and none of them has an upgraded diff.

Being based in Europe, I would buy MMM. Their towers I think are better than M2C.

Last edited:
What I have learned by listen to and watching Rich Duberdash and M2C racing. Tekno can suffer from broken diff cases and bent dog bones along with frames IF one bashes like Rich does or have a very bad landing. With two MT's we love them. Got to looking at mine and noticed a bent frame. At the time Tekno had a great sale on the kits. Bought a kit for the frame. Then decided to build a M2C tough truck with all the parts in the new kit. According to Rich and M2C the diff case and dog bone problems are from when the frame bends too much. M2C says their new frame stops the Diff case and dog bone problems. The other thing I like are the M2C towers that allow for Armma body mounts. Allows one to use Armma Outcast bodies, which are very durable.

Then decided to build and extended or LWB MT. Have an original Armma 6s gen 1 outcast with some updates to play with. Along with the HD and LWB MT 410. I like the build process almost as much as bashing.

Had not heard of All Racing. Did find they offer nice metal diff cases. For the price one can build a good M2C truck. If Rich and M2C are correct, they have made the diff case upgrade not relative.

Metal shock caps are worth the update. Have updated and used the Tekno caps. Not found I need other updates yet. Like to wait until there is a failure to update. If I was in the UK and parts hard to get, would probably get more of the update parts to begin with.

Thanks so much. Very helpful. I’ve seen quite a few people include shock caps in their upgrade lists. Coming from Arrma, what’s the issue with the stock tekno shock caps that necessitates this quite expensive change ? Does the inner thread just give in on repeated jumps ?

I have little experience with Allracing, but only hearing good things. They are not cheaper than M2C or MMM though.

I personally don't believe the center diff is a MUST needed upgrade. I'm running 7 Tekno trucks and none of them has an upgraded diff.

Being based in Europe, I would buy MMM. Their towers I think are better than M2C.

When you talk about the new m2c “frame” you’re talking about the latest version of the m2c chassis, right ?

Also, very interesting point about the m2c towers. I really like the Outcast 6S exb body and would like to run that when funds permit.

Thanks so much. Very helpful. I’ve seen quite a few people include shock caps in their upgrade lists. Coming from Arrma, what’s the issue with the stock tekno shock caps that necessitates this quite expensive change ? Does the inner thread just give in on repeated jumps ?
Had the plastic caps fail, have not had a Tekno metal cap failure yet. I do not jump like the You tube guys do. Busted a bottom shock plastic cap. To do it for bashing and not racing, then need to change the top and bottom to metal. Tekno offers the metal for both ends of shocks. If going for really big air then go with the M2C or start with the Tekno and upgrade if and when needed, is what I am doing. Summer here has been really bad. HEAVY smoke from forest fires has keep me indoors way to much, so not much running time. And yes the latest M2C chassis.

Recent Popular Liked

Back