• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

A-Arm play/slop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaze309

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So, I've built quite a few Tekno kits and it seems every new build has a lot of slop front to back in the front a-arms. I just got into racing a little under a year ago so in the beginning I didn't think much of it. However, after rebuilding and building some new kits lately I've noticed how much there is. Is this normal or should I be putting shims/spacers on the hinge pins to tighten it up a bit? Or does anyone know what Tekno themselves says about this? Thanks

I can't speak for TEKNO, but I used to always place shim spacers to take up the slop for many years and this would tighten up the feel to make the car more responsive. Over time I've grown to appreciate the slop and have since removed the spacers to make the car feel "lazy" and easier to drive. It all comes down to personal preference... the more slop you get, the more stability the car feels as it's "broken in".

There is a point of diminishing return if the car can't reliably set the camber where I found it necessary to replace the spindles every handful of race days as the kingpins would wallow out the plastic spindles.

Recent Popular Liked

Back