• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

50 Min to balance charge a 4s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnfanatic

Reaction score
Hey guys, Happy Easter. Having fun with with my Tekno MT and the kid's on Easter. I have a fresh 5000MAH 4s LIpo that takes 50 minutes to balance charge from 3.68 to 4.20. I am running a Venom produo charger. All my Lipo's take this long to charge . Is it the charger or this is the life of Lipo tech?? I am new to this lipo stuff and learning quickly.

thanks!
Ralph

Are you charging at 1C?

If so, then a fully discharged pack should take about an hour to charge.

I charge my packs at 20A which is roughly 4C and they take about 10-15 min to charge depending on the depth of discharge.

The biggest variable will be your balance charge rate and health of your battery... if the IR is matched between all the cells then the CCCV cycle will charge your pack faster, but as the cells age and IR goes out of match, then the battery will take longer to balance, more info here:
Which charger is the best?

Hi, it shows charge at 5.0A and 14.8V but when charging starts it shows .2A to 1.0A when charging

Hi, it shows charge at 5.0A and 14.8V but when charging starts it shows .2A to 1.0A when charging
Near the end of the charging cycle the charger will taper off the current going into the battery. Is your battery near fully charged when it shows .2A-1A?

That sound about right since you aren't fully depleting your useable energy reserve. Your LVC is set stupid high if you're charging from 3.68v. Normally you'd be charging up from 3.1-3.2v/cell which would take about an hour for bulk charging and then another 10-20 minutes for balancing.

I though you were asking for trouble when lower then 13.5v. I already destroyed 2 lipo's due to some confusion that was my fault.

The few LiPO batteries I do have I run down to around 3.1v/cell and they're happy as a clam about it. This is perfectly safe. 3.68v/cell is only 50% discharged; storage charge. where they should be at if they're not to be used for more than a couple days.

I had that charger for awhile, it’s not terribly powerful and would take an hour to charge my packs. Discharging would take hours! Your times sound normal for that charger. A more powerful charger could do it faster but the venom works fine, it just goes slowly.

Recent Popular Liked

Back