• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

2022 Motor/ESC combos & Servo Recommendations List for ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorBasher

Reaction score
Though I am not new to the RCs having my fair share of Revos/Losis/ARRMAs... I am new to the Teknoforums and Teknos in general, so hello everyone!
Boy am I glad to have found this place. This is my first post here and I have recently purchased a ET48 2.0 kit ( through the forums I also went ahead and got a 44T metal spur & aluminum 25T horn).
I plan to take my time with building it, and I have been doing a ton of research and forum reading, YouTube videos and have been going back and forth between motor/esc/servos. I know this has been asked several times (because I have read lots through the forums) but as a newbie to the tekno game I know it would be helpful to create perhaps a collective place to gather everyone's input in creating a updated 2022 recommendations list for motor/esc/servo combos.
For Bashing-Racing-All around categories: what are your guys choices when running 4, 6 or both! Thanks in advance!

Motor/ESC/Servo for running 4s:
-Race
-Bashing
-All around

Motor/ESC/Servo for running 6s:
-Race
-Bashing
-All around

Motor/ESC/Servo for running either 4/6s
-Race
-Bashing
-All around

Hello,

I'm new to the forum, because I just ordered my first Tekno RC car, the ET48 2.0 Truggy.
Now I would also like to order an ESC and Motor and was looking into the Castle Creations Mamba Monster X ESC with 1515-2200kv motor and into Hobbywing MAX8 G2 ESC with the 4278SD G2 2250kV motor, because both are "Waterproof".

The car will primarily be used for bashing and also for just driving/bashing on tracks on a 4S battery and maybe sometimes also on a 6S battery but that isn't a must have...
So which ESC/Motor Combo would you recommend. I have no experiance with those ESC's & Motors, because I was only driving RTR cars till now.

Thanks!

Kind regards
I would use Castle because their price all inclusive of a standard USB port for programming and an industry standard sensor cable.

I know everyone is praising HobbyWing these days, but their support and customer service is inexistent. People also forget to mention you need to add the $29.99 program card and their sensor array is proprietary, which means that you can only use the HW motors with the HW ESC.

Whereas the Castle combo uses the industry standard sensor array, which means that down the road you can get any other sensored motor and make it work with the Castle ESC.

I think some of these categories overlap by quite a bit. You can race and bash on the same systems usually on either 4s or 6s. Servo brand is entirely owner dependent. Most people pick a servo brand and then become a dick when you try to tell them than brand xyz is better and why. I run Savox servo’s even though they make all the crazy noises because it’s readily available near me and savox has twice taken care of me on some questionable warranty issues. The biggest thing to consider is do you want to be trapped in 4s only and are you okay without waterproof esc’s. Most the competition esc’s aren’t waterproof and are not able to handle 6s. The locals here race HW and Tekin systems and I don’t think anyone is racing a 1/8 scale with castle. The guys I bash with are split pretty evenly between Castle and Hw, both have decent local support from one of the bigger shops. The castle guys are typically the fastest of the group but they have also seen a much higher failure rate on esc’s. Probably 2-3x as many castle system failures vs everything else combined.

Recent Popular Liked

Back