• Welcome to Tekno RC Forums! Are you a Tekno RC fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best Tekno RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Tekno RCs and share your experience!

WTB 1350kv or so truggy motor!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VRC

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m wanting to buy a 1350kv or so motor for a truggy. I’m looking to try 6s on an et48.3. hoping to find a budget motor someone has lay around. Doe need to be censored as it is going in a basher. Thnx everyone!

I’m all for staying with standard 4074 cans. You are correct the 92mm motor is going to be a beast and will require ESC relocation.

HobbyStar also has a 4076 in 1550kv. That would be a great motor for a tamed down 6s build. By going 6s, I assumed you wanted an overpowered build and the 4092 is the largest I would go in a truggy.

Reactions: VRC
Actually not looking for a ton of power and craziness! I’m mainly looking for longer runtime and just more efficien. I’m running backflip lps. Compared to my buggy the truggy chews threw 4s packs. I like the speed and power of 4s so would like to keep it around 30k rpm. That’s why I was thinking 1350kv. The 4092 1350kv would be good but im afraid the torque would yield problems in the drivetrain? I’ve never run 6s so just learning. Thnx for the help!

Actually not looking for a ton of power and craziness! I’m mainly looking for longer runtime and just more efficien. I’m running backflip lps. Compared to my buggy the truggy chews threw 4s packs. I like the speed and power of 4s so would like to keep it around 30k rpm. That’s why I was thinking 1350kv. The 4092 1350kv would be good but im afraid the torque would yield problems in the drivetrain? I’ve never run 6s so just learning. Thnx for the help!
I have experience of running my ET48.3 on 6S on a regular basis. I would say the 4092 motors are too heavy and too much torque, from experience, you will find they cause the spur gear to strip, driveshaft pins to break and bearings to get destroyed.

I recommend a regular 4074 size can, but with a kv of around 1300-1600. You can have at least 50mph top speed or just gear down a little if that’s too much, my car runs a TP power 1580kv and can do 52mph on short grass on 6S.

I would perhaps suggest if you are on a budget to look at a surpass hobby, rocket or x-team as these are cheap but fairly decent motors.

I run 4074 cans in my truggies with kv ranging from 2000 to 2200kv on 4s and never had a problem.

I do gear them rather conservatively (17t or 18t) and drive them relatively gently since I spend most on my time on a loose dirt track.

I have experience of running my ET48.3 on 6S on a regular basis. I would say the 4092 motors are too heavy and too much torque, from experience, you will find they cause the spur gear to strip, driveshaft pins to break and bearings to get destroyed.

I recommend a regular 4074 size can, but with a kv of around 1300-1600. You can have at least 50mph top speed or just gear down a little if that’s too much, my car runs a TP power 1580kv and can do 52mph on short grass on 6S.

I would perhaps suggest if you are on a budget to look at a surpass hobby, rocket or x-team as these are cheap but fairly decent motors.
Thanks for this really helps! What can size on your tppower?

Thanks for this really helps! What can size on your tppower?
It is a TP4040 which is a 40x74 size motor. Fits perfectly in the ET48.3. I’m actually about to list the motor for sale since my Tekno is being used for just racing now so no need for a 6S capable motor anymore.

It is a TP4040 which is a 40x74 size motor. Fits perfectly in the ET48.3. I’m actually about to list the motor for sale since my Tekno is being used for just racing now so no need for a 6S capable motor anymore.
What do you want for the motor,? I may be interested !

I would be looking for around £60 for it as they are very expensive to buy new, I paid around £90 for it new from TP Power Germany.

Whereabouts are you located may I ask?
I’m located in in Reno, nv. USA.

Recent Popular Liked

Back